Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Reality > Dreams

Every girl dreams of her wedding day. 
I was no exception. 

I could spend a long time trying to remember what my dreams were, but it doesn't matter. 
My reality was better than I ever could have dreamed. 

Before I can describe the best day of my life, you need some back story

On December 11, 2014 a tall, handsome, fun guy asked me to be his girlfriend. 
We had become good friends in the months prior that, and I was scared, but happy to say 'yes' to him. 
 
The next two months consisted of him coming to my house to become better acquainted with my family (mainly my dad. Lol!), and us growing closer together over text and phone calls. 

On February 14, 2015 he took me to one of his favorite pizza joints, and we set up his Facebook so that we could announce our relationship. 


The year that followed was us falling in love, and growing closer every day.

We had a fun summer of adventures, walks, watching the stars, playing video games, and work. 

We had a lovely fall full of making plans for the future, and just spending time together. I got to know his Fire Department crew, he eventually remembered the names of all my family members.

Then, on a freak, gorgeous 65° December evening, he took me back to his (now our) favorite pizza joint. Within minutes of the exact time one year previous, when he had asked me to date him, he got on one knee, and asked me to marry him.
This time, I had no fear. I was simply elated to once again say 'yes'.



A few days later we decided on a date, and the agonizing wait began, but so did the wedding buzz. The excitement, the planning, the projects. It was all real, and my wedding-obsessed self loved every minute of it.

To be continued..... 
 

2 comments:

  1. *muffled screaming in the distance* haaaii! Your pictures are pretty.

    Also I'm really glad you're rejoining the blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *muffled screaming in the distance* haaaii! Your pictures are pretty.

    Also I'm really glad you're rejoining the blogging world. :)

    ReplyDelete