Monday, July 18, 2016

Portraits and Pre-Ceremony

Genuinely happy, yet so tired of smiling.
Feeling genuinely beautiful, but when do I get to take these shoes off? 
So in love with my beautiful flowers, but can someone else hold them for a while? 

Pictures were one of the most important things to me that day, but my goodness, they were exhausting. 

I can't imagine how hard they would have been if I had not had the most amazing photographer, and had not been surrounded by my favoritest people ever. 



One thing I was not complaining about; an hour of hugs, kisses, and laughs with my groom. <3 




"Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more." <3


See the beautiful watch I gave him?! :D


Caleb wanted my wedding band to be a surprise, so I got to have a "first look" at my wedding set.

The day just kept getting better and better. Lol!




Pictures with my girls were SO much fun! Once the entire bridal party got there it seemed to go much faster.


Eek! Such wonderful people!
I have such a hard time not gushing about my pictures... is that vain??
It was all so perfect though... The colors, the style, the lighting, the flowers, the people... <3 <3

Somebody brought Caleb his dress shoes, so he had no excuse for not wearing them. :D



Shoes! <3!

So, when I picked my dress I asked if they had any shoes I could try on with it. They brought me a pair of 4in heels with big bows on the toes, and I just knew I *had* to have bows on my shoes. Later, when we were shoe shopping I found these beauties on sale at Dillards and instantly loved them!


I had never had individual portraits of me done, so that was kind of weird, but not nearly as awkward as I thought it would be. All the credit goes to my phenomenal photographer!


My handsome groom. <3 I love his dimple so much... ^_^

Okay. That got lengthy. Sorry. There are just too many amazing pictures!

Pre-Ceremony

When we got back to the church after pictures I rushed into my room to avoid the many guests that were already arriving. Anna did some maintenance on my hair, I took my shoes off, drank some water, sat down for a bit, and became instantly antsy. There was no way I was going to spend the next hour in that hot stuffy room just so a few people didn't see me before the ceremony.

My parents.
The church was laid out so that there was a hall from the foyer to the reception, and I had given the ushers instructions not to let anyone into the reception area before the ceremony, so I took advantage of that and made my way there to hang out until it was time to start.


The reception area was buzzing with people working on finishing touches, and family just hanging out. Perfect. I was able to hug my siblings, attempt to hug baby nieces and nephews, and just be with my parents and grand parents.

My flower girl.
My ring-bearer
Caleb and I always knew that we wanted my twin niece and nephew to be flower girl and ring bearer. They did an amazing job, and were little dolls, especially for being not-yet-two years old. <3 

We also knocked out a lot of the family pictures that can be time consuming right after the ceremony.
It was a win-win.

His parents
I don't know what is "normal" for a bride to think in the minutes leading up to her wedding ceremony, but I often see fear, nervousness, uncertainty, and uneasiness.

I had none of that. I had never been more sure of anything.

A few minutes before the wedding, the pastor came into my dressing room to ask me one more time, "Are you sure?". No hesitation at all when I replied "Yes.". He then prayed with me, and for me. I am so blessed to have such people in my life that care for me so much. <3

My sister snapped this picture on her phone for me. <3
Then it was time.

A smile from Gramma, a hug from mom, and kiss from dad.

Then the music started.....

No comments:

Post a Comment